Monday, February 2, 2009

Guilty Pleasure

I have a confession: I’m a closet gossip magazine reader. It’s terrible I know, I hate to admit it, but I just can’t seem help myself. I have issues, issues of Heat Magazine that is.

It’s not that I go out deliberately to buy them, but when they’re lying around the house - you know - I read them. Ever since Candice temporarily moved in with us, I’ve found stacks of them strewn around the living room. I’ll tell myself I’m just going to page through one to satisfy my curiosity as to what “rubbish” is being printed in these things, but before you know it I’m engrossed and have read the whole stack from cover to cover.

By the end of satisfying my curiosity, I’m so with it; that I could tell you intimate details of Brangelina’s love life, Amy Winehouse’s rehabilitation or even Paris Hilton’s latest knickerless escapades. It’s disgusting, mindless filth; yet somehow the content just seems to grab and hold on.

What has become of me? *sigh* Have I become so desperate for entertainment that I’ve resorted to reading up on people I don’t know for pleasure. I guess at least I’m honest enough to admit that I am.

1 comment:

narrylikes said...

perezhilton is a bit overrated, that's why i like justjared. they're all dot coms.

nooooo benny! be strong! :P