Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy theories should be taken with a pinch of salt...yet sometimes there might be some truth behind the sensationalism; as the old adage goes "Where there's smoke there is fire".

I watched Zeitgeist last night an interesting take on world religions, the war on terror, the global economy and the conspiracy that a few have used these to control the masses. While some people have started to believe the film's message to be gospel, I'd be wary of becoming overly fanatical with regards to it's factual integrity. While there were a lot of good arguments, I believe that they might still have jumped to conclusions in many areas.

I don't want to sound overly cynical, but some of the theories however, do make sense; and the measures implemented by the power hungry and greedy to control and make an extra buck would not surprise me in the least.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we as the masses, should take cognisance of the fact that not everything propagated should be taken as is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I watched Zeitgeist and found it interesting.

Being a strong Christian, I know that the first section is a lot of junk as I can explain most of it.

Which obviously makes me wonder about the rest. Although, I can say I believe the twin towers was an inside job. If you watch loose change you can't come to any other conclusion.

I think it's important if someone is going to take something seriously that they look into both sides of the story, properly.