Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Splitting Headaches

Holy Heck! My body is definitely starting to feel the effects of going to bed late and waking up early! I thought I had beaten my alarm when I woke up this morning. Turns out I forgot to set it in the first place! I was supposed to be up at 5am like I usually am, and even if it doesn’t go off, I’m usually up by 6:30am latest in any case!

8:32am it read on my clock…2 minutes later than the usual for getting into work! That was freak out number one of the day! I somehow managed to pack my lunch, get dressed and be at work at 8:57am just in time to be in before being considered late…

The second freak out came late in the afternoon when, after hours of staring at the computer monitor - cheap stupid CRT, low 60 MHZ refresh rate. I started to develop a blind spot in my main line of vision! Freak out number two! I could barely read let alone type, and figured that if I called it a day; and closed my eyes for a bit, the temporary blindness would go away.

After an interesting drive home, I closed my bedroom door, to test my theory. After 30 minutes, I was right the blindness had gone…instead I was faced with the worst migraine ever! It felt like someone had decided to repeatedly slam my head in the car door…Looks like it’ll be an early night for me, boys and girls; so quite a short blog post...the day cannot finish quick enough in my opinion! Bah Humbug!

No comments: