Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday Morning Blues

Whoever invented Monday mornings should be shot!? It's a bold statement but I stand by it!
Man alive! it's getting more and more difficult to get out of bed these days with the ghastly winter, fast approaching the tip of Africa.

If I were president, I'd definitely institute some sort of law to ban Mondays. Back in university we had the sweetest deal imaginable, I was elected as the class president for our honours year and somehow arranged all of our lectures to fit snugly between Tuesdays and Thursdays, thereby giving us a three day week and a whopping four day weekend! MWAHAHA! Life was sweet with me in charge...there was however that one incident where I conducted a witch hunt and tried to have one my of best friends executed (Sorry Ryan...bullet wounds will heal... promise) for posting up a notice that said "Benny is a Poo Poo Head"...as they say "absolute power corrupts absolutely" and I was riding a crest of immense power! Vote for me...president...four day weekend...that's it, that's my entire campaign.

Anyways enough of that, last night; I went to watch Iron Man, and I'd have to say that it's one of the better comic book adaptations I've seen recently! With plenty of entertaining action (even satisfying the toughest of critics - Action Dan), gadgets ,comedy and some good ol' cheesiness (thankfully I'm a big fan of cheese... Mozzarella, Camembert and even good ol'American Cheese...it's all good).

In case the title of the movie wasn't apparent enough; the movie is about a man running around in a metal suit. But, Robert Downey Jr plays, man running around in metal suit, really well. Seems like RDJ is the flavour of the week, with his upcoming movie Tropic Thunder also on my to watch list . As Mugatu from Zoolander, would say "He's so hot right now!"...and as it so happens the quote is quite appropriate as Ben Stiller (the brain behind Zoolander) also stars in Tropic Thunder.

After a good movie at the Nu Metro in the V and A, it is mandatory to grab some Sushi at Willoughby and Co, with arguably the best sushi in the country. (Just so you know the Willoughby's in Jozi, although good, doesn't have anything on the one here in Cape Town...with the one here in Cape Town boasting a much more extensive menu and fresher fish...strange how that is with Jozi being inland and all huh? ) For me, however slight, it seems different after the departure of my good mate, Tristan, who as Kitchen Manager ran the tightest ship and cleanest kitchens, so clean that I would have eaten the food right off the floor!

After a great Sunday evening of dinner and movie, my Monday seemed pretty lack luster...the only great thing to mention was the coffee which I made at work using the cool espresso machine...which wasn't so great in any case as the machine was set to burn the crap out of the person drinking it...

PS you might have noticed that I finally have my blog up on my blogspot ...when I first created the blog it was called "The Ramblings of an Unsound Mind" no one had used the name yet, but because of all my procrastination there's at least a dozen called the same now...I've thus decided to call mine something unique: "Made in Taiwan? No! South Africa!" At least until I think of something more suitable.

No comments: