Sunday, May 18, 2008

Business Time!

After ending an earlier session at Caprice, that's where all the cool kids hang out on a Sunday by the way. It’s business time!

Another weekend of fun and debaucheries has blitzed by, and tomorrow, well tomorrow my friends its back to business. I always feel relieved when the weekend is over, and can’t wait to get up early in the morning and become a productive member of society again….

Seriously though, it’s going to be the first week of starting a normal routine again, (after a few months of slacking off); and I’m not looking forward to it. Since January, I’ve somehow managed to settle into the comfort zone of apathy, sleeping late eating junk and pretty much lazing around without much focus and motivation.

My work day routine is pretty hectic (or at least I think it is) and goes something like this: I wake up at 5am for the gym, train for an hour; have breakfast and get lunch prepared by 7:30, clean up, get ready for work and be out the door by 8am, graft till 6pm, back in the gym for another hour session, have supper by 8, write my daily blog and then do a bit of studying/programming or meet up with some mates, and hopefully be in bed by 11-11:30pm.

Perhaps that’s why I’ve become so fond and clinically dependent on coffee these days, because without it, the day seems nearly impossible. However painful the weekly routine may seem, I think it is necessary. One day I plan to be successful in all areas in my life, and to achieve this I believe I’ll need to get up early, work hard at it and be pushed.

Rambo says "When a man is pushed cramming a bucket load of stuff in one day becomes as easy as breathing!" Rambo actually used "killing" instead of "cramming bucket loads of stuff in one day" in his version; but for my particular illustration I don't think "killing" is quite appropriate...

There’s also another old saying that goes something like this: "The morning belongs to those who wake early" = that’s it, that’s the saying…think about it…

No comments: