Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lazy Sundays

It's official, I'm contagious...or at least whatever virus I'm carrying is. With Mitch and Ernst getting ill after me. (Sorry guys!)

Another Sunday morning in my quiet mountain town, with not much to do and still feeling a bit ill; I ventured to Carlucci's, a delicatessen situated conveniently down the road, to find some grub.

The Thai Plumb Chicken Sandwich on Pumpkin Seed is the only thing really worth getting there, unfortunately to say, their coffees are not really up to scratch; so I usually grab the sandwich and make my own cup at home. Luckily I still have some Washed-Sidamo (which is my favourite coffee co-op in Ethiopia by the by) beans, from The Origin to make my own brew.

Anyways, Sundays are always particularly lazy, and the only two exciting things that happened today is firstly, me receiving a phone call from my mom, saying that she received my Mothers Day present and card in the post (Although I despise commercialized holidays, moms don't... so I hope everyone remembered).

And secondly, watching a poor pigeon fly into the glass window while picking up my sandwich, it was walking around the shop floor when it must have been startled by one of the other patrons and as it picked up momentum to get away, it flew straight into the shop window. Luckily it's alright, just a bit dazed and confused and if it were me, probably suffering from a little bit of a bruised ego.

The rest of the my Sunday is going to involve, relaxing, lazing around and jammin' a bit on my guitar.

No comments: