Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lets Get Naked...

Now that I have your attention... re the title of my blog.

Some good news! For those of you who have been following, I got my phone back. Turns out I left it at Xavier's after all, and as soon as I posted yesterday's blog, my brother got a message from him; to say that I should meet him at the French school, where he teaches, to fetch it. All I can say is that I felt very awkward to have so many little people around me, being 5 foot nothing myself it was odd indeed. And it was even more awkward with all the parents, dropping off their kids, staring at me. They were probably wondering who on earth this suspicious looking character was (being oriental and at an all French school you kinda stick out like a sore thumb), and whether he might perhaps be a pedophile...preying on their children.

Rest assured, while being young at heart; a pedophile I am certainly not! However there could be some danger of me stealing some of the goodies from out of their lunch boxes. Speaking of which, after preparing my lunch and packing it neatly into my lunch box for work today. I somehow managed to leave it behind on the kitchen counter...rather irritating, but not completely horrible, since it gives me an excuse to try out all the cool places around my new work (Kloof Street).

When lunch time came; my new work colleague, Deon, also without lunch plans suggested: now wait for it "Let's Get Naked...". I'm not one to try further my career by performing, indecent acts, but had the proposal come from an attractive member of the opposite sex I might not have been so hasty to turn the offer down...

Luckily, it turned out that Naked is the name of a place that does cool wraps. The inside is pretty funky with the drawings and messages of satisfied customers written all over the walls. The wraps themselves are filling, tasty and quite affordable with me opting for a Mad Cow Wrap (Cheese, Avo and Steak) and Deon opting for The Proudly South African (Mrs Balls chutney, boerewors and egg). At under R35, I was quite impressed.

I wonder if the owner purposefully named the place, Naked, and how many other people have been confused by odd lunchtime proposals. Whatever the case or reason, I'll be sure to remember it and keep it in my repository for casual first dates...

2 comments:

Darryn van der Walt said...

you're really trying to get some traffic to your blog with these keywords, aren't you... 'naked', 'pedeophile', 'french' - sneaky...yet, clever...

Benny Ou said...

It's a fine line bewteen thinking up clever content and good ratings on Search Engines :P