Friday, May 30, 2008

Snacky Poof Time

I usually try to keep the week pretty tidy when it comes to snacking, opting to eat healthy and try not to eat high GI carbohydrates and fatty foods.

I’ve relaxed a bit since leaving Reflex, but when I was with them I was ridiculously strict, for example I wouldn’t even have an after-meal mint because it was too high on the GI scale. I’d continue with this for 6 days straight…but come the 7th day, things would get messy …really messy and I’d consume more than my weight in junk food on a single day. The theory was that ones body can only absorb so much in a single day and I would allow myself just one cheat day just for my sanity if not anything else.

I lived for that 7th day and would stock up on all sorts of snacks, chocolate, ice-cream chips, sweets. I’d roam the streets looking for the nastiest fattiest, food imaginable, like McDonalds and gorge myself to a point that I wouldn’t want to look at junk food for the next week.

Tonight is reminiscent of those 7th days and I’ve stockpiled some really good stuff; I’ve bought myself some Ghost Pops, BBQ Spare Rib Pringles and Arnott’s Tim Tams (the most awesome chocolate biscuits ever, introduced to me by Bryan) and guaranteed before the night is done, they will all be finished!

No comments: