Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Hairy Story

In preparation of starting at a new job I have this ritual of getting a new spiffy hair cut. I’m not sure why I do it…it’s like this cleansing exercise: out with the old in with the new or something hippie like that.

I went to my usual haircut haunt; after they cut your locks there, they always give you this fantastic head massage. Only this time after my fantastic head rub, they had my hair in a bag waiting for me – I thought this odd.

“Here’s your hair like you requested” said my hairdresser.
“Excuse me?” I asked her, really, really, really surprised.

For a brief moment I thought while I was getting my message; she had gone out back and smoked something other than a cigarette, only to return disillusioned with reality.

It turns out though, that some lady from a production company had come in; requested to have some hair, for a hair cut scene in a movie. And my hair, in the bag; that was for her not me. Stranger things have happened to me I guess, but looks like my hair is going to be more famous than me…I wonder if I need to get my beautiful locks an agent?

No comments: