Monday, March 9, 2009

Pillsbury Doughboy

Maybe it's got something to do with my recent stomach bug, but I found myself short of breath after climbing up a flight of steps at the DVT offices.

I must confess though, even if that is the case, over the past couple of months my eating and training habits have taken a dive for the worse and I feel a fraction of my former self. Once in the not so distant past; I was able to, in a single day, hit a heavy weight session, go for a 3 hour surf, then run up and down Lion's Head all without even a flinch. Now, after a few months of ill-discipline I'm practically floored by a few meager steps???

I feel like the Pillsbury Doughboy (But don't you dare poke me - I'm not going to laugh you bastards). I feel soft, flabby and my muscles feel completley under utelized. There will be no more cupcakes and fluffly crepes for breakfast, only the taste of raw eggs and iron.As Chopper Reid so bluntly advised, I think it's time for me to "Harden the F%$& up"

No comments: