Thursday, March 26, 2009

Penultimate Day

It's my penultimate day at DVT. Gosh! I love that word "penultimate", I try to use it as frequently as possible, but the opportunity doesn't come too often. I can feel the end - as the last seconds of my tenure count down.

It has certainly been an experience, with many highs and personal lows; but throughout everything, the support which I have received from the management team has been quite simply - phenomenal.

It's nice to see that some businesses, still treat their employees like people and when I went through some personal hardships they provided me with space. No questions asked - no fussing about profit margins or impacts on bottom line.

As a software developer I feel that I have grown significantly under the guidance of some very talented and experienced senior members; I've worked on many interesting projects and at times have been left to my own devices and was given the opportunity to drive the technical direction of some of them. The camaraderie and friendship amongst my peers has been more than welcome and certainly much appreciated.

Since my stay has not been long, it came as a bit of a surprise, but alas this is where my journey ends; it is time for me to move on and bare fruit from the seeds planted by DVT. I have some fond memories and will cherish these.

DVT stands under a banner of "Smart People, Smart Solutions"; with emphasis on the first bit, it is a rarity these days for a business to be people centric. I have always been a firm believer that if you look after your people; that your business will prosper. If this trend continues; despite hard economic conditions and market fluctuations DVT will always be successful.

No comments: