Friday, March 13, 2009

Hug Me!

I hope you've hugged your favourite glasses-wearing, geeky-looking, engineer today. If you haven't go out there, right now, find one and give him a hug. You might have noticed I didn't include "her" in that previous sentence. I hate being sexist, but from past personal experience their aren't many female engineers. If you can find one though (good luck), give her a hug too.

Some of you may not be aware,it's Hug an Engineer Day. I say this because, being a software engineer I was expecting a barrage of hugs when I woke up, it's already lunch time and as of yet I haven't received any, not even one. This is my imploration "please hug us" we may not seem it, but we have feelings too.

Hugging an engineer may be difficult though, we're not very used to physical, human, contact; so if you find that he is resisting as you extend your arms embracingly, it's just because he feels uncomfortable and the sensation of your warm body is alien to him. Trust me, insist on carrying the hug through, he'll enjoy it, even if he doesn't realize it at first...

No comments: