Thursday, March 5, 2009

House Party

The best thing about being on holiday is that there is no pending feeling or urgency to do anything, least of all having to call it an early night and go to bed.

I attended a braai last night at a fabulous Camp’s Bay house, apparently once frequented by the Ghallager brothers from Oasis.

It was the stereo typical scene of a great house party. Some people were chilling and having cool conversations, while others were dancing to crazy, break-beat music blaring in the background. There were even a few games of pool being dished out with some rather interesting stakes for the losers, like having to jump into the swimming pool.

Whatever people were doing, they were having a good time. I think that’s the beauty of house parties, you’re always able to find your own little vibe and still have fun.

Normally on a school night, when the clock hits 10 I begin to stress, there’s always this anxiety that overcomes me, I begin panicking about having to get home, go to bed and wake up early. So I become a bit of clock watcher and am never able to fully appreciate the evening on offer.

Being on holiday, this stress disappears, I felt great and instead of heading home early as I usually do I was able to stay until the rest of the party fizzled out.

No comments: