Saturday, March 28, 2009

To Write or Not to Write? That is the Question

I had a moment yesterday where I felt like I should stop writing. It felt like it was the logical point to stop. I had begun to write when I started at DVT, so I figured that perhaps it should also end when I finished there.

I reasoned that I had proved to myself and everyone else around me that I could commit and be disciplined at a specific task; I also believe that I proved that I could get relatively good at something through sheer determination and practice. So everything that I wanted to prove I had proved.

To be honest keeping up with this personal goal of mine has started to get tiring. I often find myself wanting to just kick back and relax, but my deluded sense of responsibility to fulfill an outrageous accomplishment often prevents me from that desire. That reason alone serves as a deterrent to carry on.

However, I did commit to my daily writings for a year. One month out, I cannot stop. I don’t think I could live with the regret of coming so close to accomplishing something and not follow through with it.

No comments: