Monday, March 16, 2009

Expelled

Some people should not be allowed in public. If you don't know how to behave in the appropriate manner then you should not be let out of the house. At least that's my opinion.

After a pleasant sunset on Signal Hill, which by the way is beautiful; Josephine, a friend of hers and myself decided to end the evening at Asoka. Minding our own business; having some drinks, tapas and engaging in some fantastic conversation; a wildly drunken individual began accusing us of invading her personal space. Invading her personal space? I seriously think not, we barely acknowledged her existence let alone invaded anything.

So while ignoring her and continuing with our own affairs, she decided to throw her bottled water in our direction. After this, I questioned her actions, which made the drunken beast even more agitated. She then proceeded to throw her glass of wine at me. I was furious, without a reasonable explanation besides being intoxicated, I yelled at her. After some profuse apologies from her more sober friends I calmed down. We paid our bill and walked away.

The rest of my company just laughed at the situation. But I certainly have an issue with it . When I was younger, at the tender age of 6 years old. A girl decided I was having too much fun on the see-saw with my then best friend. I didn't know her from a bar of soap either, but yet she felt the need to hurl a rock at my head. Playing on the see-saw was fun, unexpectedly waking up in hospital with 15 stitches was not. I'm not sure what ever happened to that girl, but I never saw her in the playground again - Perhaps she was expelled from school.

The behaviour of last nights individual was much the same as my childhood "rock-hurling" incident, except this time the individual was a grown ass-person. Perhaps this person should also be expelled...but from society.

1 comment:

Craig Lotter said...

Maybe you could have pelted her with some nearby dassies? A flying, snarling ball of fur and teeth generally does the trick I find! ;)