Monday, March 23, 2009

Oscars Evening

Sometimes, one finds themselves in a predicament without knowing what to get as a gift.

On Saturday evening I was invited to a birthday party – the theme was the Oscars and I felt that I wanted to get something special for the occasion. An idea dawned on me. I know of a company, called United Tribes of Africa that does customized wine labeling.

I thought, what better gift to give my friend who is an avid wine drinker, than a lovely bottle personalized to her and tailored specifically for the occasion?

United Tribes of Africa have all type of wines; from sparkling, cap classiques, to traditional whites and reds. Added to that, from what I’ve heard the quality of the wines are really good.

In the end I chose a superb Shiraz, with the following customized text elegantly printed on it:

“Winner of the Best Actress Award
Oscars Evening 2009

Happy Birthday

With Love
Benny and Joe ”

The evening was terrific and an incredible amount of effort had been put into the Oscar theme to capture it's authenticity. There was a red carpet entrance with paparazzi and even an awards ceremony at the end... My brother and I arrived as Starsky and Hutch and surprisingly managed to walk away with the award for best original costumes.

With all the effort that she went into to organize the evening, I hope the personal touch on her gift shows her how much we appreciated it.

No comments: