Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools

Ahh yes! The first day. So far so good is all I can say. Coincidentally the first day of my employment is also April Fools Day.

Thus there was a moment of uneasiness when I first walked into the Global Vision reception, and the smile behind the desk turned into a look of confusion when I announced my arrival.

"Are you sure you're starting today?" she asked surprised.
"Umm, I'm pretty sure." I replied. With a sinking feeling in my stomach, I thought that perhaps Ernst had orchestrated a false appointment as part of a cruel joke.

"Remember that time I made you quit your job? And you were left unemployed, with nowhere to go and ended up on the streets - Ahh fun times."

Thankfully, after a couple of phone calls the receptionists confused look, returned to it's initial friendliness and all was rectified. I was shown to my desk, given a grand induction and spent the rest of the day meeting people and learning about the project that I'm going to be working on.

But man! If someone had pulled the above prank scenario off on someone, that would be one hell of an April Fools...

No comments: