Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Season for All Things

It seems like over night, winter has hit Cape Town. It’s like clockwork, as soon as all the foreigners leave to go home to their respective countries; the bad weather rolls on in. It’s been raining here for the past few days and the weather is expected to remain gloomy for the next couple going forward.

It’s certainly not a bad thing. I’m feeling a little worn out from all the summer socializing and wouldn’t mind hibernating for a little while. Summers in Cape Town are meant to be social, but the Winters are here for one to take a break and recharge. It doesn’t mean that there isn’t anything to do, but the things you do in winter are different, cozier, more intimate if you will. It’s the perfect time to cook curries and stews, invite some people over and chat over a cup of coffee.

I believe that there's a saying "a season for all things..." and I must admit I tend to think it's quite true. I think if I had to live summer the whole year round, I would go crazy. I’m glad its winter and can’t wait to chill out a bit, don some cool winter sweats and perhaps cuddle up in front of a roaring fire. Anyone up for a cuddle?

No comments: