Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Weekend

I woke up this morning stoked that the wind was blowing offshore and was amping for a surf. My memory failed me though and I forget that although, the surf is sometimes killer in PE, there is often a massive lull and the waves are... well, non-existent. I drove around the PE beachfront looking for a wave and found nothing; so I thought I'd be more adventurous and see if there was anything in the Reserve and Around the Corner.

Most of the surfing in PE is done in the Bay area, as the quality of waves there, in my opinion, are better; but with that said it's also usually smaller as well. The more die hard surfers will look outside of the Bay where the waves can often be two to three times bigger. Sadly, as I ventured - I still found nothing.

After having no luck I got in touch with my old friend, Ryan who is also in town for the Easter weekend, from Pretoria. We went to a spot called Vovo Telo, where I was quite pleasantly surprised by the quality of coffee and the food fare on offer. Not to put PE down, but the coffee stores here, are often pretty rubbish; with cappuccinos boasting horrendous foam and a terribly burnt after taste. The coffee at this Central establishment was decent - not amazing; but passable even for my coffee snobbery. The pizza I had though was excellent.

While there I bumped into some of my other friends from Cape Town, also visiting home for the holidays. Okay enough writing, there's more eating to be done; since coming back, my mom won't stop feeding me.

No comments: