Monday, April 6, 2009

Pet Peeve

One of my greatest pet peeves about cooking, is the smell that embeds itself to your hands after chopping onions! Arggghhh I hate it, I just hate it!

No matter how much hand soap I use to wash my hands, I just can't get rid of the stench. Every time I cover my mouth to sneeze or yawn; there it is, I get a whiff of a pungent, onion smell.

I wonder if it is really prominent or if it is just localized to me? Do people around me smell it too? Or is it me being paranoid and something that you really have to concentrate on to take notice of...

I mean you can certainly tell when someone has eaten garlic. Often, when you catch someone in the office, you'll label the offender "Garlic Breath". I wonder if it's the same with chopping onions? "Oh look! There goes Onion Hands - That Benny is always chopping onions"...

No comments: