Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Post Long-Weekend Depression

A quick follow up on yesterdays post, so Mister Brown is apparently the Taiwanese Starbucks! My cousin filled me in, they are also available in Los Angeles, and on her recent travels to Taiwan she said that she stumbled upon a Mister Brown’s CafĂ©: “like Starbucks only with more comfortable sofas”, were her words! Absolutely no doubt I’ll be on a mission the next time I’m in that area.

Long weekends are great…my only gripe with them, however is that they never seem to be long enough! Sure if you have a Monday off like we did yesterday, the week is shorter but the “New Monday”…errr that’s Tuesday, takes for freakin’ ever to end. I chalk it up to post long-weekend depression.

The little rest makes one believe that there is hope…hope that one has actually conquered the rat race and no longer have to partake in the grueling labour that is reality. But in actuality it lifts you up; just to send you crashing down again! “Stop playing with my emotions, darn you!”

I reckon if they give you a Monday off they should just cancel the whole week… Along with my plans to institute 3 day work weeks, the cancellation of work on a “long weekend” falls under my “Benny for President” campaign as referred to in a previous post. Are you guys still certain you won’t vote for me?

Sure the country would most probably fall into economic disarray, but I’d be too busy doing state visits to the South of France, eating fromage and baguettes to even notice or to have it have an affect on me…Anyways enough poo shooting… there was some solace amongst the arduous “New Monday” and it came in the form of a skinny, mucho cappuccino from Vida.

1 comment:

Darryn van der Walt said...

"doing state visits to the South of France"

...is that where Alizee lives?