Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Challenge? I Love a Challenge! Gladiator Ready!

I’ve had the flu for the last couple of days and after struggling through the morning at work, I finally decided to go see a doctor yesterday afternoon. I’m not sure why, but I have this aversion to visit the doctor, perhaps it’s because as a kid I spent a lot of time in hospitals being poked and prodded due to my heart murmur. But since I had the flu less than a month ago and was struggling again yesterday, I finally concluded that I wanted to be rid of this bug sooner rather than later…

I’m not exactly sure what medications the doctor has put me on, but whatever it is, it’s seriously strong. After visiting him, I came straight home and have been knocked out, only waking up from time to time to have a small bite to eat and take more medication. I think I’ve been asleep for 28 hours of the last 32 hours since seeing him.

Because of this, yesterday I put up a blog entry that was only one line long, and you probably wondered “What’s the point? Why even bother putting up an entry if it’s only going to be one line?” It’s been about a month since I’ve started blogging, and it’s probably a good time to explain my idea and why I even bothered posting a blog that was a line long…

If you’ve been following my blog, you might have noticed that I’ve posted a blog entry every day since the first one…The idea I had when I first started was that regardless of what happened I was going to write an entry everyday for the rest of the year; just on random stuff, my thoughts and my general day to day happenings. It would serve almost like a daily account of a year in my life, a daily journal if you will.

I’m not sure if anyone actually even reads these entries or much less cares, but I thought that it would be a cool personal project and since I used to really enjoy writing and haven’t put my writing skills to use in years, I’d do it…just to see if I could! You see: I like challenging myself even if the challenge seems dumb…probably better if they are dumb because then no-one else would attempt them and it would mean that I’d accomplished something unique. I guess I’m a little bit strange that way.

I already know of a few difficulties ahead but at the same time have already planned my way around these problems: for example, later on in the year when I go overseas, I probably won’t have an internet connection to post, but I figure I’ll carry a notebook around and write in that until a connection finally became available for me to post…

1 comment:

Darryn van der Walt said...

there we go, that's better. so when's the daily webcomic starting then...

entertain me!

get well soon and all that...