Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th! I’ve never been a superstitious kind of guy…until today! Somehow everything that could possibly go wrong at work did. To spare you from the boring details I had to deploy an application to a client site, but it was impossible to get right due to the corporate red tape that is associated to big companies .

The gist of my problem was, I was not allowed to log on to a PC that was sitting right next to me, but instead had to phone some dude, who is located offsite i.e. not in the same building and ask him to remote terminal service into the PC and do the deploy for me. To add to it we encountered some problems with the PC which we could have changed there and then, but because of all corporate bureaucracy. I would have had to get about 10 documents signed by higher powers, to authorize the changes ARGGGGGGG! (Some of the IT jargon has been simplified for the sake of understandability).

Anyways also had some code issues from the team in India, so had to stay in late, to finish up some work. Was supposed to go to some party with Infected Mushrooms(?) Mate! I don’t have a clue who they are, I think they could be some Trance act from Israel? But Xav, Action Dan, Sabine and the rest were going so it would have been stellar!

Oh well I suppose it could have been worse…I could have been stabbed by the two guys having a brawl outside my office as I left…

Last night however was great, a group of us decided to check out Jade for a Thursday evening out on the town, also we wanted to celebrate Sabine’s new found freedom as she finished the last exam of her University career. I always enjoy going out more when I have some great company, especially when the company is a bevy of beautiful women! Jade is surprisingly busy on Thurday evenings…considering the fact that it is a school night, but I suppose I can’t pass judgment since I was there too.

Hip hop seemed to be the flavour of the evening, and the other Kast sister (Sabine and Stef’s mom, who could pass off as their sister), Ingrid showed us how it’s done on the dance floor. I flail around like a fish out of water, but at least I try…I think I’m just lucky that I have a little bit of timing from playing guitar and skip rope jumping so I don’t appear to be a complete retard…or do I? Someone would tell me if I did right? Cos seriously it ain’t cool to let a brother hang like that.

No comments: