Friday, November 28, 2008

Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

The trouble of waking up really early in the morning during a work day is that by midday it feels as if it should already be the end of the day. Technically you've spent more hours awake compared to if you had woken up later.

The only way I survive when that happens is by overdosing on coffee. So guess what, I'm already on my 5th or 6th cup today, I had to keep alert as I had some important meetings to attend. As a result my eye has developed a nervous twitch, I've got heart palpitations and I feel as if I'm having an out of body experience, but at least I've stayed awake and brought my A-game to the table.

The other problem with waking up ridiculously early is the fact that there is absolutely nothing to do, no one is awake and nothing is open. I sat there bored out of my mind staring at the wall, I even resorted keeping myself entertained with some work before the gym opened up its doors.

No comments: