Monday, November 10, 2008

Tomorrow’s Blog Today

I’m feeling rather proactive, so I thought I’d write tomorrow’s blog today…hmmm that sounds a bit like the Reflex (check out the new online shopping feature) slogan “Tomorrow’s Nutrition Today" , which by the way, if you think you’re being particularly witty about and decide to ask me the question: “if I eat tomorrow’s nutrition today, then what will I eat tomorrow?”, rather keep it to yourself. I’ve unfortunately heard it on countless occasions while still on board at Reflex and each time I’ve had to deliver the same fake laugh…

This whole proactive vibe that I’m on is pretty cool though; in addition to the aforementioned feat of writing tomorrow’s blog today, I’ve also pre-cooked and prepped my next four meals and neatly stored them in my freezer, so there’s no excuse for me to be tempted by impulsive junk food habits.

Speaking of nutrition, training and other such things; I think I may have overdid the training a bit. I hit quite a heavy weights session at the gym earlier this morning and then decided to hit another big interval training session this evening; on my run back home from the gym I had a bit of an episode of up-chucking on the side of the road – not particularly pleasant, not particularly elegant and not particularly good for one’s body either.

After a hard session you should feel pushed, but if you’re training correctly you should never throw up. My biggest mistake was that I was using my sessions as an emotional crutch to vent frustrations and pushed a little too hard especially on the last leg; which was probably also not the best of ideas after a bout of flu... perhaps I need to find another vehicle other than training, blogging and cooking to relieve this angst?

No comments: