Monday, November 10, 2008

Eyes Glued Shut

It's a little bit freaky when you wake up in the morning and you can't open your eyes (literally). I woke up finding that my right eye was glued shut by some gunk.
A clear sign that my old friend Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis for those of you who are interested in the medical term) had decided to come pay me a visit. Luckily, I learnt as a young whipper snapper to stay calm and use a warm, wet face cloth to gently wipe away the gunk. When my eye eventually opened, sure enough it was as pink as candy floss (yum).

After last weeks flu, I'm sick and tired of being sick, and of course staying at home. Not that I consider Pink Eye being sick really - it can just be mighty infectious (there's non-infectious Pink Eye as well) ; so I figured I'd go about all my normal daily activities: gym, work etc even if it was infectious. If anyone else catches it...well lets call it my little gift. Seriously, no need to thank me.

No comments: