Wednesday, November 12, 2008

In Repair

I had a weird day yesterday, an emotional day, in the end a good day but a really long day too. I only caught about an hours sleep the night before (hence the very long bit) and was up bored - so the only logical thing for me to do I thought, was to wait at Wembley Square till the gym opened so I could murder my legs.

I spoke to my mom and dad afterwards; as my mom had to fly back to Taiwain in the morning, unexpectedly, due to my Grandfather falling quite ill about a week ago. History it seems, has a way of repeating itself as this happened not more than a couple of years ago to my father's father.

Work was business as usual, but I had the opportunity to pop out to lunch to visit good old Ernst at his new offices, it's quite a sweet spot in a new development called the Upper East Side in Woodstock. I reckon it will be the Wembley Square of that area, Wembley seriously gave some life to the Gardens area. The cool thing about his new work place is that all the meeting rooms are named after surf spots, well it's cool to us at least, because we surf - kind of - I can count the number of times I've been surfing on my fingers and toes over the last 4 years (seriously not good) - I've become that guy I always used to hate, that stupid, sell-out of a hack that claimed that he used to surf but doesn't anymore, because it's too much of a mission to drive and look for waves.

On my drive to Ernst's offices I noticed that a few blocks in the CBD had been closed off by police and the fire brigade, I figured that it must have been as a result of some accident at a construction that was going up, most probably caused by this outrageous wind that we've been experiencing, courtesy of the cold front; and here i was, thinking that we were at the end of winter. I actually made that whole accident part up, I have no idea why they closed the block off - I just have an over active imagination.

Later, I had a good chat with a couple of old friend and was able to talk about some things that have been playing on my mind that I haven't really been able to tell anyone else, it was pretty emotional; I've been avoiding some of these issues for a very long time and I guess it was good to just talk about them. There's nothing worse than carrying emotional baggage around, because it eats away at you like a cancer.

I think I've gained some clarity and found some peace in letting these issues go, so in the long term I achieved a lot. Times are tough, that is without a doubt - but attitude can make it a heck of a lot easier, it's easier said than done, but finding good, even small things does help.

No comments: