Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ship Steering

6am is hell of a early to be up on a Sunday morning, but I’m up in any case. Sunday is basically the only day I have the opportunity to sleep in, so it’s rather annoying that my body clock has decided to wake me up. I lay around tossing and turning for a bit and couldn’t get back to sleep, rather than wasting my effort, I decided to do something a little productive and write in my daily journal.

The only problem is, I don’t know what to write about, there’s about a million things processing in my head at the moment, but none really worthy of being penned. Nothing is harder than trying to force something to happen when, well, it doesn’t want to happen. Whether it’s this blog entry, trying to fall back asleep or one of the many challenges that face you in life. I guess it’s sometimes a good philosophy to just go with the flow and see what happens. To accept that sometimes we are merely spectators watching a play unfold before us.

Sadly, the result of such an approach is that more often than not, not everything turns out the way we envisage it, however we just need to accept whatever the outcome and make the best of whatever situation arises. It’s really difficult and I’m still trying hard to find that balance as when to let things go and when to take control of the proverbial wheel and steer the ship on its course.

I believe that both are necessary, if we live our lives too candidly without regard of consequence, things quickly start to fall apart; however if we are too controlling we will most likely be dealt a harder hand in dissapointment.

No comments: