Thursday, November 13, 2008

Take a Break

After a couple of incidents, one in traffic and one at home. I decided that I needed some time out, regroup and think about some stuff. As such, I’ve asked my work for the rest of the week off. I haven’t taken a day off work in close to two years.

The only problem is I don’t think I’m capable of relaxing. Even though I’m off work, I still got up ridiculously early and decided to hit the gym. I spent most of last night and this morning designing a banner and beautifying my public blog space. It’s not a difficult task especially since the gorgeous Josephine (I miss you!) and my mate, Darryn let me use some pictures of theirs. So all I had to do was conjure up my limited image editing skills, which I learnt from uni and play around until I was semi-happy.

After my little spate of design work, I decided that I never really get a chance to visit my favourite coffee spots during the week, so ended up doing a mini-coffee tour of Cape Town. I hit three of my favourite spots: Origin, Loading Bay and Giovanni’s all in a row.
As a result I’m buzzing from the caffeine at the moment, and any ideas of taking it easy has just fallen flat on its face or at least for the next hour or so…

I’m not sure what I’m going to do next, the idea is to relax and take some time to reflect and introspect. I’ve decided not to make any commitments or decisions until Monday and just go with the flow to take up some much needed me-time. I was contemplating just hopping in my car and driving down the coast to look for waves, but decided against it because I’d end up being more tired when I got back.

No comments: