Saturday, November 22, 2008

Emasculated

The Showroom Cafe in the Grand Daddy Hotel (previously known as the Metropole) on Long Street is a really cool place for breakfast it seems. Being the little sister of the acclaimed Showroom Restaurant in the foreshore, I was really excited to try it out and organized a table for the coffee club well in advance. The cafe is supposed to be simple, no fuss, but still loaded with tasty favourites; and breakfast this morning, exemplified that experience.

Yesterday evening was Andi's birthday celebration. Unfortunately, still feeling slightly under the weather; I only made the first bit of the celebration at Wakame for a drink or two. I did however try to make up for my lack of appearance by getting her some body butter from the Body Shop (I hope you appreciate it Andi because I feel slightly emasculated going shopping there). I must admit, I feel like a bit of a fish out of water in that store and am not certain what half of that stuff is for, but I'm told that girls love it and I'm someone who likes to try explore new territories.

Due to my limited knowledge in the body products area, my general rule of thumb is to go with whatever smells good enough to eat, just a word of caution though,do not eat the products as they taste nothing like they smell and are guaranteed to make you hurl - not that I would know of course, because I wouldn't be dumb enough to eat them *cough* *cough*.

Just to balance the blog off with something more masculine, as I fear all this talk about products has just boosted the levels of oestrogen ...how about the Boks vs Englad game at Twickenham today huh? Anyone going to catch that? That's the sweater knitting finals not the rugby game just in case you were wondering.

No comments: