Monday, November 3, 2008

Obama Mania

Tomorrow the 4th November is Election Day in the United States. Although, I may live all the way at the tip of Africa, I'm still watching with great earnest to see what the outcome of these elections will be. Being the world's most powerful country, who ever is at the helm of the Oval Office will inevitably make decisions which could affect the rest of the world.

Living in such interesting times, with the world seemingly, spiraling out of control, the citizens of the US have a big decision on their hand and in my opinion can ill afford to make a mistake. If it were my choice (unfortunately I can't vote), the choice would be simple: Barack Obama would certainly be my choice for president. Besides agreeing with most of his economic and foreign policies; and his effortless poise (unlike an un-named predecessor) when delivering key note speeches (amongst other things); I believe that Obama is the right candidate for the job. Politics aside, his character more than anything is the reason for my endorsement.

From reading his book Dreams From My Father, I've developed a tremendous liking to his honesty, determination and level-headed approach to most issues and events. He seems to be an individual who understands himself, his faults and is willing to correct them through thought and reason. In such turbulence I believe that a leader should posses such qualities.

In the words of Russel Peter's: "Be a man, do the right thing!" - Vote Obama! (If you are a US citizen and can vote of course).

No comments: