Saturday, November 8, 2008

Civic Duty

I was at the Jan van Riebeeck High School, the most logical and probably the closest place to where I currently live for voting registration (in South Africa, you have to register at the place where you are going to vote); when at the last minute, I decided that I was going to keep my registration at the Walmer Town Hall in Port Elizabeth. Not the most convenient, but I figured it would give me an excuse to travel down there during election time and give me an excuse to go see my friends and family….Killing two birds with one stone, so to speak.

The trip to the high school wasn’t all in vein however; since I was in the area I thought I’d try out the pizza at Zucca. It is arguably the best pizza I’ve had in Cape Town thus far. The bases are as thin as you like and the toppings and tomato base are fused together to create a flavour sensation that is indescribable. I think I was a Ninja Turtle in my past life, I love pizzas that much.

If I finally figure that I’m being ridiculous about flying all the way to PE to vote, I still have tomorrow to re-register.

No comments: