Monday, April 20, 2009

So Far So Good

Skyrove is a freaking lifesaver. Since discontinuing my 3G account with Vodacom, I've been playing internet hermit; which has made posting to my blog a complete logistical nightmare. Not only have I been needing to find time to write my entries, I've also had to find time to scurry around looking for an internet connection...I felt like that animated squirrel, Scrat from Ice Age, desperately running around looking for nuts.

However, I recently noticed that a new wireless connection popped up in my area, in the form of my now saviour, Skyrove. The process was very easy, I simply connected to the wireless connection, purchased some online credit and was ready to go. It worked out to be quite cost effective as well; I think I received just over 600MB for R200 and have been surfing the net with decent speeds ever since. The coolest thing about Skyrove though; is that you can connect to the internet wherever there is a Skyrove hotpsot and unlike some other providers don't have to worry about your MBs/credits being reset at the end of the month.

Things at Global Vision, like that popular 80's rock song, is "So Far So Good". The work is very interesting, and the atmosphere, amongst tight deadlines, is pretty relaxed. Ernst and I even decided that we were going to bring our guitars in to work, so that we could play in the chill room during our lunch breaks. The chill room is really sweet and is not like any other typical meeting room. It has giant bean bags littered across the floor and allows employees to take a load off and just relax.

Did I also mention that the office has organized some people to come in to give message sessions to worn out workers tomorrow...hmmm I could get used to this.

No comments: